Please feel free to contact us with any questions about your brakes or to schedule an appointment(303) 722-5530
Routine transmission maintenance keeps your gears shifting smoothly and helps you avoid costly repairs.
Pearl Street Garage recommends a transmission fluid flush and change between 35,000 and 50,000 miles in all vehicle makes and models.
There may be transmission trouble in your vehicle’s future if:
- Slipping between gears while driving or popping into neutral are occurring.
- Grinding, clunking or humming noises are present, especially while in neutral.
- A burning smell is coming from the transmission fluid.
- “Dragging” is present in the clutch. Clutch remains engaged and grinds during shifting.
- Thumping or grinding is present while shifting.
- Lagging between gear changes and/or racing RPMs while changing gears is present.
- The transmission conveys much force from the engine to the wheels, so proper maintenance of the fluid is key to protecting internal parts from damage and wear.
- Regular transmission maintenance is vital to avoid major, costly future repairs.